Start your day with these delicious corn fritters.
Makes: 8 fritters
2 (150g) small capsicums, diced
1 cup corn kernels
1 brown onion, diced
5 tbsp continental parsley, chopped
2 tbsp Cajun spice mix
5 large eggs
½ cup skim milk
200g wholemeal flour
⅔ tsp baking powder
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tomatoes, finely diced
1 onion, finely diced
2 tbsp continental parsley
5 tbsp lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Stir in milk then whisk in the flour and baking powder until smooth.
- Add capsicum, onion, parsley, corn kernels and Cajun spice to the bowl and mix until the vegetables are evenly dispersed in the mixture. Leave mixture to rest.
- In the meantime make the salsa dip by combining the tomato, onion, parsley and lemon juice in a bowl. Set aside while you cook your fritters.
- Heat enough oil in a large non-stick frying pan to thinly cover the surface over medium to high heat.
- Add a large spoon of batter to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through. Repeat until all the mixture is cooked. You may need to add the remaining olive oil between batches.
- When the corn fritters are cooked serve with up the tomato salsa and enjoy!