- 1½ cups of mixed leaves
- ½ green capsicum, diced
- 50g heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small red apple, grated
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds and pepitas
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- ¼ cup pistachios, shelled
- 2 tbsp basil leaves
- 300g skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Combine mixed leaves, capsicum, tomato, avocado, carrot, apple, sunflower seeds, pepitas, flaked almonds, pistachios and basil in a bowl and mix.
- Mix almond butter and lemon juice and coat sliced chicken.
- Heat olive oil in saucepan. Add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve chicken on top of salad.
About the author
Caitlin Reid is a unique health professional with qualifications as an accredited nutritionist, accredited exercise physiologist and yoga teacher. Caitlin is passionate about all things health and wellness, and keeps up-to-date with the latest health research, which she uses when contributing expert advice to health, fitness, lifestyle and food companies. She is also the nutrition expert for the Women’s Fitness magazine, the dietitian for the South Sydney Rabbitohs and ambassador for Papaya Australia. Follow Caitlin on Instagram @caitlinareid or visit her website.